Young children can STRANGLE in cord and bead chain loops. They can also wrap cords around their necks and STRANGLE.
- Always keep cords and bead chains out of children's reach.
- Move cribs, playpens, and other furniture away from cords and bead chains. Children can climb furniture to get to cords.
- Do not tie cords together. Make sure cords do not twist together and create a loop.
- Replace cord or bead chain if cut.
- Attach tension device to wall or floor. This can prevent children from pulling cords and bead chains around their necks.